New TV and Antenna Booster

11/3/2014
Monday evening Becky and I decided to watch a little TV in our RV.  We discovered we had no reception on any channel.  Not completely surprised we usually get some sort of signal.  After several attempts to adjust the antenna one station at a time I decided something else was wrong.  Tuesday I went to Walmart and purchased a new TV, 19" that runs on a 12 volt transformer.  First TV I've seen that actually ran on 12 volts.  I returned to the RV and installed the new TV.  Everything worked great.  I guess sometime we lost the receiver on our old TV.  Probably using the inverter which is not a pure inverter.  After installing we were able to receive 15 stations, but they were not the best pic.  Myakka River State Park area is know for it's poor reception for TV's, and Cell Phones.  I thought I would take advantage of the area and try to get the best reception I could.  Next step was to purchase a new  antenna booster.  I thought Radio Shack would be my best bet to get the best available in this area.  The sales person was helpful and suggested the Booster I purchased.  After returning to the RV, I starting my test phase to see if the Booster actually made a difference.  I was getting only 3 stations during the day without any booster, 14 stations with my old booster, and 23 stations with the new booster.  I concluded the new booster actually did make a difference.  Becky and I enjoyed the CMA awards Tuesday evening with our new TV and booster.  The area still was not the best reception, but was sure 100% better than before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeLeon Springs, Florida State Parks Video

Blue Spring, Orange City, Florida State Parks Video

Lake Louisa, Florida State Parks Video